Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2000 03:23:32 +0000
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Dirk GOUDERS <hank@et.bocholt.fh-gelsenkirchen.de>
Cc:        Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>, freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Why don't I get the tutorials with the DOC distribution?

On Mon, Jul 17, 2000 at 10:07:41AM +0200, Dirk GOUDERS wrote:
> I found the tutorial at the specified location - most of them.
> Maybe I should have pointed out that the turorial I am particular
> interested in is the docproj-primer and this is one I cannot find
> there.
>
> I used the web interface to cvsup and had a look at
> http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/doc/en/tutorials/docproj-primer/.
>
> Seems as if everything there went into the attic and therefore I don't
> get any of the files using cvsup.  Is that correct?

Not exactly.  We reorganised the doc/ directory, but we have the problem
that there are links to the documents on the web already out there.  There
are some rather nasty hacks in the web site build process that install some
documents (like the primer) in odd places to comply with the old structure.

The primer is in the books/ directory in the CVS tree.

>  > However, note that the FTP directory above also contains the documentation
>  > in FreeBSD package format, so you can use the pkg_* commands to add them,
>  > update them, and so on.
>
> Again, I cannot find docproj-primer* there.

I'm not online at the moment.  I'll get back to you on that.