Date:      Tue, 7 Apr 1998 11:29:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert Watson <robert@cyrus.watson.org>
To:        Studded <Studded@san.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anyone testing BIND 8.1.2?

On Mon, 6 Apr 1998, Studded wrote:

> First off, if there's a better list for this, feel free to send
> involved in the testing of BIND 8.1.2. I don't imagine there will be a
> lot of problems, however it would be nice for example to have a correct
> definition for FreeBSD in the doc makefile. I would be happy to work
> with anyone interested, I run -Stable myself so a -Current volunteer
> would be the most desirable.

Well, this is not quite the same, but the DNSsec beta based on BIND8 from
TIS builds cleanly under FreeBSD, which was one of the primary testing
environments for it. :)  I'm running it on one of my 2.2-STABLE test
servers.  I also know that Vixies uses BSD/OS for a lot of stuff, so I
assume it will build cleanly on that, and it's not such a leap to have it
build under FreeBSD based on that.

  Robert N Watson

----
Carnegie Mellon University  http://www.cmu.edu/