Date:      Thu, 4 Feb 2010 20:36:26 -0800
From:      Garrett Cooper <yanefbsd@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Hackers <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   pmake .ORDER bug with -j 1 or misuse?

Hi hackers,
    I'm getting used to pmake after using GNU make for the past couple
years, and I'm used to `in-order prerequisites', where if I specified
a list of targets a specific way, then it would execute the targets
serially in-order.
    I tried to do the following with .ORDER, but it doesn't appear to
be working as I expect it to:

[gcooper@optimus /scratch]$ make
do
something
[gcooper@optimus /scratch]$ cat BSDmakefile
.ORDER: something do

all: do something

do something:
        @echo ${.TARGET}
[gcooper@optimus /scratch]$ make -j 2
something
do

    It does function as I expect it to via -j 2 (executes the
`something', then `do' goals), but not with -j 1 -- could someone help
me understand what behavior is correct so I can adjust my behavior
and/or get a fix started?
Thanks!
-Garrett