Date:      Sun, 9 May 1999 09:51:46 +0100
From:      "Greg Quinlan" <greg@qmpgmc.ac.uk>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>, <security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 3.1 remote reboot exploit (fwd)

I updated to 3.1-Stable (3/05/99) so I am not confusing an earlier bug with
the reboots I'm currently experiencing.
(which may be my problem: that I was just not up to date and reboots were
due to a heavy load related bug)

I have set:

config   kernel root on da0 dumps on da0
options DDB
options DDB_UNATTENDED

in the kernel

Typically unexplained reboots take up to 6-7 days and can occur as often as
twice a day!

But no reboot yet (2 days)!

Greg