Date:      Fri, 1 Dec 2000 09:10:25 -0600
From:      "Darryl Hoar" <darryl@osborne-ind.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Security steps

Greetings,
I am running :

FreeBSD proxy 4.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE #0:
Mon Mar 20 22:50:22 GMT 2000
root@monster.cdrom.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC
i386

on my machine.  I have this machine setup to run userland ppp with the auto
and nat flags so
that it provides internet access for my internal lan clients (win98, win95,
NT, HPUX).

Since this is a dialup link (but it stays up for long periods at a time) do
I have a high security
risk ?  With a dialup link, what security steps should be taken on a freshly
installed box ?

this machine only has the standard accounts, and one for me.  If there is a
tutorial, or
specific information I would greatly appreciate a pointer.

BTW, this machine only provides the above stated functionality.  It does
nothing else.

thanks,
Darryl