Date:      Mon, 18 Jun 2012 19:32:32 +0200
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
To:        Jason Hellenthal <jhellenthal@dataix.net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org, Budnev Vladimir <vladimir.budnev@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: (Free 7.2) "su -l" didnt prompt password.Is it possbile?

> The only thing I can think of ATM is .. did you recently perform and
> upgrade from source with this system ? mergemaster ?

Most mis dials on the phone network used to be proven to be human
not machine, despite people said they were careful & had not made mistakes.

Never underestimate human error.  I've know test hosts that were
off line & someone zeroed out the root pwd while sys was under
debug/repair, to save a visiting expert needing a tmp root pwd.
(A bad habit, but its's been known).  Then some time later one
discovers it is Still zeroed out ;-) ...

To err is human, to BSD is divine ;-)

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below not above, cumulative like a play script, & indent with "> ".