Date:      Fri, 8 Dec 2006 19:50:32 GMT
From:      Micah <micahjon@ywave.com>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/105589: Firefox 2.0 segfaults when saving more than one file per session

The following reply was made to PR ports/105589; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Micah <micahjon@ywave.com>
To: Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc: gnome@freebsd.org,  bug-followup@freebsd.org
Subject: Re: ports/105589: Firefox 2.0 segfaults when saving more than one
 file per session
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 11:49:52 -0800

 Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

 > Micah wrote:
 >> Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

 >>> This backtrace appears corrupt.  I do not see how it dies in endian.h.
 >>> Rebuild libc and libpthread with debugging symbols, and get a new trace.
 >>>
 >>> Joe
 >>>
 >> Okay, but it still died in endian.h. I then rebuilt world with debugging
 >> symbols in hope that there's some other library somewhere that needed
 >> them, but the stack trace still ends in endian.h
 >>
 >> I followed it through the debugger in hopes of getting you something
 >> more useful. It segfaults while executing line 357 of xdgmimecache.c,
 >> (which is: XdgMimeCache *cache = _caches[i]; inside
 >> cache_glob_lookup_literal). Stepping into that line of code sends the
 >> debugger to endian.h. Is there another non-system library that I need to
 >> add debugging symbols to?
 >
 > What endian.h files do you have on your system?  What does:
 >
 > (gdb) frame 0
 > (gdb) l
 >
 > Report?
 >
 > Joe

 (gdb) frame 0
 #0  0x48614d0e in cache_glob_lookup_literal (
      file_name=0x8e8b317 "logo-reverse.png", mime_types=0x101,
 n_mime_types=2)
      at endian.h:144
 144     {
 (gdb) list
 139                 ((_x << 40) & ((__uint64_t)0xff << 48)) | ((_x << 56)));
 140     }
 141
 142     static __inline __uint32_t
 143     __bswap32(__uint32_t _x)
 144     {
 145
 146             return (__byte_swap_int(_x));
 147     }
 148

 kdbg reports that endian.h resides in /usr/include/machine.

 - Micah