Date:      Sat, 11 Apr 1998 11:42:05 +1000 (EST)
From:      Andrew <perrya@python.shoal.net.au>
To:        Norman Sellers <ns@lynsys.karoo.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FeeBSD 2.2.6 Install

When you boot does it say anything about sio0 and sio1? If you have sio1
then com2 is available. Type 'dmesg | more' for a replay of the boot
messages. If your internal modem is on com2 then you should be able to use
it to dial out. If your booting from the install floppy then just hit the
scroll lock key and then page up and see what it says.

I haven't done a ftp install for a while but I'm pretty sure you just type
set device /dev/cuaa1 for com1 when it takes you to the ppp> prompt and
it'll work. Don't be too worried about the bit where you pick the com port
if it still only says com1 or com1. I had this when I first installed from
ftp.

hope this helps
Andrew Perry