Date:      Mon, 9 Jul 2001 19:01:19 -0500
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@mu.org>
To:        Bsdguru@aol.com
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Mall now BSDCentral

On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 12:17:07PM -0400, Bsdguru@aol.com wrote:

> Is name-calling on the list allowed now? Very classy. From the archives I see
> that you make quite a habit of it.

Perhaps you should contact those previously wronged by me and start a club:

	http://help.yahoo.com/help/clubs/cfound/cfound-09.html

>                                     You must be quite an important fellow (or
> do you have pictures of jordan with barnyard animals?).

Well, I actually DO have pictures of Jordan with barnyard animals. Baaaaaaa.

>                                                           And obviously not
> very good at making valid arguments if you have to resort to such.

That must be it! Have you considered a career in psychology?

> Congrats on snipping out my comments, which you continue to fail to absorb.
>
> My point was that they got no RESULTS. Just as they spent millions
> advertising their OS, their dollars didnt translate into results because they
> are clueless marketeers. "Funding" is nice, but noone call look at the "BSDI
> era" and say "Gee, they really made an impact". All I said is that I wasnt
> surprised. Its their history. FreeBSD has never been further behind linux in
> the public relations mix, and the gap is widening, even though its a better
> product.

BSDi really did make an impact. Just because you fail to see one doesn't mean
it didn't happen.  You might want to read the cvs-all mailing list. If you'd
like, I can supply you with some procmail filters that will put all of the
commits of people who are/were supported by WC/BSDi/WRS into a folder called
'direct-positive-result-of-bsdi-funding'.

I'm also unclear on how you have installed FreeBSD in the past few years,
please clarify:

	[ ] purchased CD from BSDi
	[ ] downloaded from ftp.freebsd.org (which BSDi was paying for)
	[ ] downloaded from snapshot servers (partnership of USWest and WC/BSDi)
	[ ] downloaded from FTP mirror (who got their data from ftp.freebsd.org..)
	[ ] other (doesn't matter, the source that was used to generate the
	    binaries was stored on WC/BSDi equipment)

> Clearly this is a sore spot for you and you are incapable of being objective,
> so I'll just leave it at that.

blah blah blah. I read all your comments, I just knew how wrong they were.

What you don't seem to realize is that BSDi did more then a retarded marketing
campaign that failed miserably. I've expanded on what exactly they did in former
replies to you, perhaps you might want to read them again.

There are plenty of other BSD consipiracies with a lot less concrete evidence
to prove them wrong, you may want to start trolling with those.

done with this thread,

--
Bill Fumerola / billf@FreeBSD.org