Date:      Wed, 03 Jun 1998 00:03:06 +0200
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@peedub.muc.de>
To:        Chris Timmons <skynyrd@opus.cts.cwu.edu>
Cc:        me@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: xemacs20 statedir

Chris Timmons writes:

>You'll probably want to pick a different place than /var/run for the
>xemacs state directory now that the issue has been forced in /etc/rc.

actually you shouldn't blame Michael for that. I'm the culprit in this case.

I already have patches to xemacs to put a shellscript in /usr/local/etc/rc.d
which I've been using at home for a while. I just need to commit them. Now
that Poul-Henning has done the dirty deed I guess I don't have much excuse
for putting it off any longer.

BTW the recently committed xemacs-mule ports diverge from the xemacs ports
in several ways and should IMHO be brought into line with the the "original"
ports.

---
Gary Jennejohn
Home - garyj@muc.de