Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 1995 14:06:53 +0000
From:      Neil Clark <nbc@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Making Shared Libraries

>	Quick question, but I'd like to compiled ncurses shared libraries,
>but don't know how to do so.  Pointers to documentations on doing this
>would help, or direct pointers to man pages...

I don't know about ncurses, but I`ve been able to compile various libraries
as shared by compiling the .c files with the -fpic (position independant code)
option and linking with the -shared option. Seems to have worked fine so far...
I got this info (mostly) from the gcc man page BTW. You could also check
out the man page for ld.so as well for further info.

Neil