Date:      Wed, 15 May 1996 07:59:04 -0500 (CDT)
From:      john@starfire.mn.org
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Subject:   NFS problems between FreeBSD 2.1.0-R(CD) server and Unixware 2.03 client

We are getting file truncation (to multiples of 1024 bytes) and strange
errors (NFS write error 4, along with lots of hex info) in the log
files on the client, while the server doesn't report any problems.
We have rsize and wsize set to 1024.  I am running Andrew Gordon's stub
rpc.lockd and rpc.statd to keep things happy.

Can anyone help me?  This is in a production environment, and it is
really a Bad Thing.

Please respond directly, as I do not subscribe to this list.

		   John Lind, Starfire Consulting Services
E-mail: john@starfire.MN.ORG		USnail: PO Box 17247, Mpls MN  55417