Date:      Sat, 28 Mar 2020 22:23:12 +0100
From:      =?utf-8?Q?Klaus_K=C3=BCchemann?= <maciphone2@googlemail.com>
To:        Mike Karels <mike@karels.net>, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Switch to UEFI Re: CFT: alpha test of Ethernet driver for RPi4

> Am 28.03.2020 um 17:22 schrieb Mike Karels <mike@karels.net>:
>=20
> I have a driver for the Ethernet on the RPi4 that is nearly ready for
> initial testing.  If you have a RPi4 and are willing to test, let me
> know.  Also, if anyone is able to review the busdma hooks, that would
> be appreciated.
>=20
> There are a lot of loose ends.  The main missing feature is checksum
> offload.  There are also some question marks in the initialization =
code
> that make configuration fairly noisy at the moment.
>=20
> This driver is derived in part from the NetBSD bcmgenet.c driver by
> Jared McNeill.  I also used framework from the Allwinner if_awg.c =
driver,
> also by Jared McNeill.
>=20
> 		Mike

Hi,

I`m also working on pi4  a little while not ready=E2=80=A6
I recommend to switch the whole RPI-thing  to UEFI/ ACPI, J.McNeill is =
working on that , afaik=E2=80=A6
So next step I see  is to implement ACPI-xhci-driver since FreeBSD-boot =
PANICS on xhci-
The good news is that I first saw USB working in UEFI-boot...=E2=80=A6the =
ethernet driver should then later correspond or to be integrated into =
UEFI =E2=80=A6 nice to boot from a =E2=80=9EBios=E2=80=9C -style menu =
with a plugged USB-keyboard...

Regards

Klaus=20

=20