Date:      Thu, 10 May 2018 11:58:28 -0400
From:      Wes Frazier <wes.frazier@members.fsf.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Possible patch for games/gnurobots but don't know what to do next.

--Vi46R4QkufQMZTeivW7paIKKpUJTs5j26
From: Wes Frazier <wes.frazier@members.fsf.org>
To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject: Re: Possible patch for games/gnurobots but don't know what to do
 next.

--iliiTWdqIbNRrVlJ8CIb6dVvGkcZ6sRWH

--------------1980E71C8D26AC365ECE8679

Maybe I didn't explain myself fully. The binary package doesn't behave
as expected. Something about the default CFLAGS it is being built with,
has an unexpected result, and the interactive Guile command prompt never
loads.

You can see this yourself. If you execute the current binary package you
get a black area where a guile interpreter prompt should be, but there
is none. Expected behavior is to be greeted by "guile>" (Screenshot of
both behaviors attached.)

Thats why I started investigating rebuilding it to begin with.
Rebuilding it with different CFLAGS corrects the issue.

Though reading more FreeBSD documentation this shouldn't be patched in
the FreeBSD ports makefile like I have done. Though im not sure what the
propper fix is, to exclude a specific port from a global CFLAG.

- Wes

On 05/10/18 11:05, Michael Sierchio wrote:
> Why not start with the package and see if that doesn't suit your needs?=

>=20
> gnurobots-1.2.0_12             GNU diversion wherein Scheme-coded robot=
> explore a world
>=20
>=20
> On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 7:03 PM, Wes Frazier <wes.frazier@members.fsf.or=
g>
> wrote:
>=20
>> Im less than a month in, with using FreeBSD.
>>
>> games/gnurobots in the ports tree doesn't appear to behave as expected=
=2E
>> It builds and executes but doesn't actually correctly spawn the GNU
>> Guile interactive command prompt like it is supposed to.
>>
>> I've been able to correct it, simply by changing how the port's Makefi=
le
>> was tweaking the CFLAGS manually in the package's build system.
>>
>> I have attached the patch. I however, do not know if this is the
>> best/correct way to fix this issue, nor do I know who to contact to ge=
>> a fix integrated into ports. (gnurobots is without maintainer.)
>>
>> Advice appreciated.

>=20
>=20

--=20
---
This email is digitally signed with GnuPG.
Please consider using GnuPG too to protect this
conversation from passive corporate surveillance.

https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org