Date:      Sun, 9 May 1999 10:47:14 +0100
From:      "Greg Quinlan" <greg@qmpgmc.ac.uk>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 3.1 remote reboot exploit (fwd)

How strange!
Minutes after I reported that I had no reboots for 2 days, had upgraded, and
compiled a new kernel with:

options DDB
options DDB_UNATTENDED

.... and reboot!

That is the latest 3.1-Stable (03/05/99).

Unfortunately I had only just compiled in:

config   kernel root on da0 dumps on da0

and had not the chance to boot the new kernel.
Now what?
I do not know enough about this to do it alone.

Greg