Date:      Thu, 13 Jul 2017 00:07:23 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Friedrich Locke <friedrich.locke@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xdm replacement

On Wed, 12 Jul 2017 16:43:27 -0300, Friedrich Locke wrote:
> I would like to install xdm in my box, but i got error related to security
> problems with X*** library.
>
> What could i replace xdm for ?

Hmmm... xdm is usually considered quite secure, but maybe
this has changed during the development course of X...

As alternatives I'd like to suggest wdm (the WindowMaker
display manager) and slim. Both are easy to setup, work
well with the defaults, and allow customizing if needed.
They also play nice with different window managers and
desktop environments.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany