Date:      Thu, 2 Jan 1997 19:33:59 -0600 (CST)
From:      Dhiraj Soni <dsoni@empros.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Problem with FreeBSD?

Hi,

   I have recently installed latest version on FreeBSD 2.1.6 on
my computer and using it as an ftp/web server.

   The strange thing which is happening is :

Even if the machine is on and connected to network I cannot do
remote access on it .I can 't use any tool (telnet,ftp,finger,ping ..)
to see if it's up. Now if I use telnet from the local network to
machine it works and also then remote accessing also starts working.

  The thing is if you leave the machine for some time without
accessing it if disables remote access. Why?

IS there any configuration problem?

I will appreciate help as this is causing serious problems.

Thanks,
Dhiraj Soni
dsoni@empros.com