Date:      Sun, 09 Feb 1997 01:56:19 -0500
From:      Jim Durham <durham@w2xo.pgh.pa.us>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@freebsd.org>, pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co, Miguel Ricardo Real Santos <miki@student.dei.uc.pt>, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Getting Old BSD

Warner Losh wrote:

> In message <199702071128.MAA01494@vector.jhs.no_domain> "Julian H. Stacey" writes:
> : I've had 2 friends give away old 386 boxes to me in the last month,
>
> They are selling used 386 motherboards here for $12.50.
>
> Warner

FreeBSD will actually do stuff on a 386SX if you're patient. Like the
guys say, you can get one for nothing or close to it. If you get one
with 8 30 pin memory sockets, you can also probably find 256K simms
for nothing. This would give you 2 megs. You could probably run
1.1.5 on that without X...

However, if you're really determined to run the 286, you
might investigate MicroPro SYS V. I ran it for a while
on an AT (286 at 6mhz) and it was actually useable.

Good Luck,

Jim Durham