Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 1999 09:49:51 -0500 (EST)
From:      BEAUPRE Antoine <beaupran@JSP.UMontreal.CA>
To:        Satoshi - the Wraith - Asami <asami@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 777 /var/db/pkg???

On Wed, 31 Mar 1999, Satoshi - the Wraith - Asami wrote:

>  * Could it be possible that my last make world made my /var/db/pkg directory
>  * _world writable_??? Why would I need this anyways???
>
> Hmm.  I checked BSD.var.dist, it seems it creates /var/db/pkg world
> *unreadable* ("rwx------") here.  I fixed it, although I have no idea
> how it got to be "rwxrwxrwx" for you....

Yes.. I saw some posts on cvs-all... What are supposed to be the perms? I
made them 750 here... root:wheel, of course.

It is weird that it was this way. I heard that there was no mtree entry
for the dir... could it be possible that it followed the umask, then? (I
wouldn't think that it would have been 777 for the _root_ though!)

Thanks!

Spidey

Jesus died for his own sins. Not mine. (CRASS, 1978)
http://www.jsp.umontreal.ca/~beaupran