Date:      Sat, 20 May 95 15:37:20 -0400
From:      deanj@wpdis01.wpafb.af.mil (SrA Jeffrey Dean SRA)
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   help

	I have been trying to compile (or get) libc.so.2.1
for the last couple of weeks. I am running FreeBSD 2.0R
and have attempted to upgrade with FreeBSD-current --hoping
that this upgrade will contain libc.so.2.1???

        (does it?)

	If yes, can anyone send me a quick overview on how
to install the current libs via FTP.

	(if libc.so.2.1 is not part of the FreeBSD-current)

	Can anyone point me into the right direction to
obtain it?

	I am pretty good with UN*X, but not an expert. I may
just be having a problem ftping an entire dirctory tree from
"wcarchive.cdrom.com/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/ports"?????
That is IF that's what I am supposed to do?

    I would greatly appreciate ANY help!!!

    Jeffrey D. Dean
    deanj@wpdis01.wpafb.af.mil