Date:      Fri, 8 May 1998 23:02:01 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "J.A. Terranson" <measl@ftp1.mfn.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   etc/dumpdates and dump

Just a quickie...

	Dump is working well for our bulk backup needs, however, I noticed
that even though ALL of our "dumps" are Level 0's, the date of the "last"
full dump is *always* "the epoch".  I have checked to make sure that
/etc/dumpdates is in fact being created, and that it has the appropriate
information in it (a single line for /dev/wd0a I think), and that ACLs are
OK.

	Any thoughts on why it doesnt know there have been previous
dumps made?  We are pretty nervous about using a Hanoi system on a
program that cant tell an incremental is needed....

	Our command has been:

dump -0auf /dev/wt0 /

Any help greatly appreciated!