Date:      Sat, 6 Sep 97 21:04:43 MET DST
From:      fj@login.dknet.dk (Flemming Jacobsen)
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
Cc:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hauppauge Win/TV and fxtv problems

Hi,

> Have you tried the driver from my ftp site?
> 	Amancio

Yes, it was the one generating the trap 9.

Anyway, I've just removed the card:

  It has a Hauppauge sticker saying:
	Win/TV-PCI
	PAL-B/G
	60334 Rev A1V

  Beneath this sticker is the Philips tuner:
    Sticker one (looks like a german PTT aproval sticker):
      [Bird-logo]
      Philips   Hyperband Ready
      bzt K U09 276
    Sticker two:
      3139 147 13381P
      FM1216/1 hm
      SW20 9720
      Made in Singapore.

  The 3 large chips are:
    One:
      Bt848KPF
      VIDEO DECODER
      476 9652
    Two:
      ITT
      MSP 3410D-PS-B3
      65-WN-FA
      056181.002
      7245
    Tree:
      [Philips logo]
      SAA5284GP
      K6X177
      HSG9715MOX
      TAIWAN

I made a quick program to do ioctl's on /dev/tuner0:

  TVTUNER_GETSTATUS returns 0x22

  TVTUNER_SETTYPE to CHNLSET_WEUROPE doesn't change anything.

  TVTUNER_SETFREQ can be read back with TVTUNER_GETFREQ (just
  checking).

  TVTUNER_GETCHNL doesn't change when doing TVTUNER_SETFREQ (I
  forgot to try the other way around).

	Have a nice day
	Flemming