Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 2000 12:33:19 -0500
From:      "Zaitsau, Andrei" <AZaitsau@panasonicfa.com>
To:        "'freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   My Experience With FreeBSD

I am not sure if someone would be interested in reading this, but anyway,
here is the story of me and FreeBSD.
Two years ago I heard about Unix, Linux and other stuff. And I really got
interested in it. So I tried to install couple of Linux Distribution. But
none of them worked out for me. I tried different distributions, but hey I
was not able to install it properly. I ran into problems with Hardware and
some other stuff.
 But in March of 2000 I have heard about FreeBSD, It changed my whole life.
I Bought FreeBSD 3.4 CD set, and hey  From very first installation of
FreeBSD I succeeded. Two months later I learned how to compile kernel
properly and other stuff. I got ADSL in May, ran into configuration
problems, but here we go again, people from mailing lists of FreeBSD
community were not aggressive and very helpful to me so I was able configure
everything I wanted. Now I am running my FreeBSD as a Gateway, and 4
computers are connected to it, sharing my ADSL connection. And as always
continuing learning FreeBSD. :)
 I just want to say Thanks to whole friendly FreeBSD community. As far as
you guys alive FreeBSD will be alive, and will move on !

Andrei Zaitsau.