Date:      Fri, 21 Dec 2001 20:17:07 +0000
From:      Kevin Golding <kevin@caomhin.demon.co.uk>
To:        Joe & Fhe Barbish <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
Cc:        FBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>

In message <LPBBIGIAAKKEOEJOLEGOMEBOCKAA.barbish@a1poweruser.com>, Joe &
Fhe Barbish <barbish@a1poweruser.com> writes
>The question is not where can I browse every post in posting sequence,
>but where can I issue a search on the FreeBSD-question archive like
>we used to be able to do?

Google do let you search though.  You can search through FreeBSD-* or a
specific list.  You can do all those fun advanced Google search
functions.  In fact it's not a bad setup really.

>And more to the point does any body know why the search function
>is no longer working at FreeBSD.org and when is it going to work again?

Do we really need it considering Google?  I know it's not nice to be
dependant on another company, after all look at what happened to Deja,
but maybe this is an area where we should think about it.  It should be
fairly simple to write something that would process a query and create a
Google URL from it.

Kevin

kevin@caomhin.demon.co.uk