Date:      Sun, 20 Jun 2004 01:30:11 +0000
From:      j.e.drews@att.net
To:        Lloyd Hayes <wyoming_antelope@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD weakness.

Hi Lloyd:

 I heartily recommend "FreeBSD: An Open-Source OS for your PC". by Annelise Anderson
http://www.bsdmall.com/freebosforyo.html
This is the book for absolute beginners. If you think a port is a place where ships
dock and bash is a goth discoteque dance, then this is the book you should be reading.

The next great resource are the tutorials by Dru Lavigne:
FreeBSD Basics
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/ct/15
Whether judged by pedagogic, technical or literary standards, Dru's articles are
works of high perfection.

Finally, I recommend getting Greg Lehey's "The Complete FreeBSD". The book is a
great resource for technical details about FreeBSD 5.X. I found the sections on TCP/IP
and the etc file system to be very helpfully.

        HTH
        Jonathan