Date:      Thu, 10 Jan 2002 14:28:23 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Tim DeBoer <deboert@cletus.cornhusker.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Enabling DMA Access

Hi Everyone,
I've been playing with DVD on my FBSD box, but it looks lik hell.
The standard recomendation is to enable DMA access on ym drives, so I've
been digging through various kern files I've found on the web.
They all seem to call for

options 	ATA_ENABLE_ATAPI_DMA	# Enable DMA on ATAPI devices

The problem is, I can't recompile if I add that to my kern.
The error message reads unknown option "ATA_ENABLE_ATAPI_DMA"

Am I missing a step here? Acutally I know I am, I just don't know what it
is.

As always, any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
--

Tim DeBoer
http://www.freebsd-geek.com

"When you find yourself in the company of a Halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the Halfling."