Date:      Thu, 25 Jul 2002 00:27:12 +0200
From:      Steve Mazerski <smazerski@yahoo.co.jp>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ports and dependencies

I'm installing MySQL from ports, and having just
entered "make install" I am seeing half of CPAN
(Perl modules) is being downloaded and installed as well.

I see the initial dependency for "Mysql.pm" is defined in the=20
Makefile under RUN_DEPENDS, presumably the
other Perl modules installed stem from Mysql.pm's dependencies.

This is not a problem per se, because I use Perl a lot
and would have had to fetch the files anyway,
but how can I tell in advance what other ports
a given port needs to install, without going
through each port's makefile? In other words, is
there a program which will do this for me?

Just wondering

S.Mazerski