Date:      Fri, 31 Aug 2001 17:01:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bsd Newbie <bsdneophyte@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   overclocking and FreeBSD stablity...

I have an older Celeron 300a that I've been able to overclock to 464mhz
w/o any problems when running Win98se.

Recently I installed Solaris 8 on the machine and tried running it
overclocked... Solaris performs horribly with an overclocked processor.
It freezes every other second and gives error messages on boot.

How is FreeBSD when it comes to an overclocked processor?  Is it more stable?