Date:      Wed, 18 Feb 1998 11:36:03 +0100
From:      Andreas Lohrum 6804 <Andreas.Lohrum@ae3.hypo.de>
To:        garyj@muc.de
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: how to get latest informations on the FreeBSD ISDN stuff???

Gary Jennejohn wrote:
   "Dirk.Nerling" writes:
   >Hello,
   >
   >sorry for asking such a stupid question - unfortunately I was a little
   >bit "offline" since the home
   >of this mailing list changed. Because I wanna update/reinstall my
   >FreeBSD 2.0.5 - I like to check
   >the latest ISDN informations. As today I'm using bisdn-097 - is there
   >more recent version out?
   >Something other to consider? Is there a website with informations too ?

   there is no newer version, yet. isdn4bsd is close to being alpha
   released. When it is, we'll make an announcement to the list.

   I've been using isdn4bsd for several weeks and it works quite well for
   me. I only use it to transfer data, no telephony. IMHO it's worth
   waiting for.

   isdn4bsd includes synchronous PPP (thanks to J"org Wunsch) which is
   much easier to configure and get running than the PPP stuff in
   bisdn.

   I can't say whether isdn4bsd will owrk with 2.0.5 since AFAIK none of
   the developers are using such an old version (I use -current, others
   are using 2.2R at least). It would be interesting to find out ;-)

Is someone trying/testing isdn4bsd on NetBSD 1.3?

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen/Best regards

Andreas Lohrum, ConSol*                   email:   andreas.lohrum@consol.de