Date:      Thu, 11 Dec 1997 17:07:20 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        i.vaudrey@bigfoot.com
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Porting questions

 * By default the Makefile wants to put the master documents in
 * /usr/local/lib/vilearn. I think that they really belong in
 * ${PREFIX}/libdata/vilearn or maybe ${PREFIX}/share/doc/vilearn.
 * Your thoughts, please.

share/doc/vilearn sounds good to me.

 * # Feel free to delete this on your local system. Do not remove
 * # if you are redistributing: we'd like the truth to be known :)

Well, technically we can delete it for ports and not for packages but
I think we should leave it in.  My opinion is that if it's the
authors' wishes to have this said, we're in no position to make
judgement on whether it's appropriate or not.

Satoshi