Date:      Mon, 13 Apr 2009 10:45:27 -0400
From:      Coleman Kane <cokane@FreeBSD.org>
To:        gary.jennejohn@freenet.de
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How do I compile modules freetype and xtrap ?

--=-HbKc4Wyqn7EM26f9kC9E

On Mon, 2009-04-13 at 11:21 +0200, Gary Jennejohn wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 01:09:13 -0300
> Vin__cius Abrah__o <vinnix.bsd@gmail.com> wrote:
>=20
> > How I install this modules?
> > My Xorg.0.log is show me this erros, but my X is working fine.
> >=20
> > (II) LoadModule: "xtrap"
> > (WW) Warning, couldn't open module xtrap
> > (II) UnloadModule: "xtrap"
> > (EE) Failed to load module "xtrap" (module does not exist, 0)
> >=20
> >=20
> > (II) LoadModule: "freetype"
> > (WW) Warning, couldn't open module freetype
> > (II) UnloadModule: "freetype"
> > (EE) Failed to load module "freetype" (module does not exist, 0)
> >=20
>=20
> They should have been automatically installed by
> 	/usr/ports/x11-servers/xorg-server
>=20
> ---
> Gary Jennejohn

Actually, I think that these are now handled by libXfont and no longer
by the modules in question (as of xorg-server 1.6.0). You used to have
these loaded in the "Module" section of your xorg.conf but they should
no longer be needed.

I'm maintaining an embedded Linux project where I hit this ambiguous
problem too. The solution was to take the modules out of the config
file. I still have TrueType font support from apps in X.

Anybody, correct me if I am wrong.

--=20
Coleman Kane

--=-HbKc4Wyqn7EM26f9kC9E