Date:      Fri, 6 Dec 2002 19:21:12 +0100 (CET)
From:      Yoss <bartek@milc.pl>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.7 and shapeing bridge

On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 06:31:55PM +0100, Joost Bekkers wrote:

> so if you use
> ipfw add pipe 1 ip from any to any in recv rl0 bridged
> ipfw add pipe 2 ip from any to any in recv vr0 bridged
> things should be fine.

Yes, now packets are going through pipes.
But it doesn't help me in the matter of fact. I have four xDSL links
concentrated in one point and connected to the router. I have to cut down
speed via these links to 1Mbit to be sure that every link will have 2Mbit
bandwidth from router. Now I can shape bandwidth incoming from every link,
but there is possibility that hosts on 2 of them will send data to
host on third link, and then third one will be full.
Is there any possibility do shape outgoing bandwidth on bridge in depend of
interface it is going out?
TIA

--
Bartłomiej Butyn aka Yoss
Nie ma tego złego co by na gorsze nie wyszło