Date:      Thu, 28 Mar 2002 15:22:43 +0000
From:      Daniel Bye <dan@slightlystrange.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: BSD Resale Question

On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 10:04:06AM -0500, Michael Wason wrote:
> I wish to create CDs from the ISO images on the website and re-sell them localy. Do I need a lience to do this?

The BSD license permits you to do this if you wish.  You must include the
original license with any distribution you make available, whether for
free or for profit.  See http://www.freebsd.org/copyright/index.html
for more details.  I think it is fair to say that you are allowed to do
almost anything with the code, except claim it as your own work, or
distribute it without the license attached.

HTH

Dan