Date:      Sat, 11 Sep 1999 23:51:15 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Alex Charalabidis <alex@wnm.net>
To:        Yoshiharu Iguchi <yossy@netvigator.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adding Apache modules

On Sun, 12 Sep 1999, Yoshiharu Iguchi wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I installed Apache-1.3.6 under FreeBSD 3.3 and no sources of it
> was installed. In order to build an apache module, I need to have
> a sources of apache packages. I checked a previous mailing list
> and it suggested that I could get a source from /usr/ports/www/apache/work.
>
> How can I access above directory via ftp? Or, is there alternative way
> to get the source of apache under FreeBSD-3.2 (or 3.3)??

Just grab the file apache-1.3.6.tar.gz from /usr/ports/distfiles, copy it
to a location of your preference (such as /usr/local/src) and unpack it
there. If you're going to be building modules into it, you want to keep it
there and use it instead of the ports collection - personally, I find it
more practical to do manual installs for Apache. If it's been deleted,
you can always get a new copy from ftp://ftp.apache.org/dist/ (1.3.9 is
out, by the way).

-ac