Date:      Mon, 19 Mar 2001 19:11:37 +0100 (CET)
From:      Blaz Zupan <blaz@amis.net>
To:        Justin Stanford <jus@security.za.net>
Cc:        <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: PR's foating in limbo for no apparent reason

> For no apparent reason every PR I send ends up in "pending" because of
> supposed malformation, or whatever reason. I've gone through it
> extensively with a member of the development team who is also
> baffled. Enclosed is the raw pr that I saved before it was sent (which
> subsequently, like all my others, went into pending) for your
> examination. As far as we can see there is nothing wrong with this
> submission. Ideas?

I have noticed the same and have asked a couple of times on various mailing
lists with absolutely no answer.

Until now I have been using "jed" as my editor. What I have done is, now I use
"vi" as my editor and another change I have done is to remove all the comments
(enclosed in "<" and ">") from the PR. Now all my PR's go through just fine.

Dunno which of the two changes fixed my problems, but I did sometimes notice
strange problems with "vipw" when using "jed" as my editor.

I guess I'll have to send in two test PR's, one with vi and comments and one
with jed and no comments just to see what the problem is.

Blaz Zupan,  Medinet d.o.o, Linhartova 21, 2000 Maribor, Slovenia
E-mail: blaz@amis.net, Tel: +386-2-320-6320, Fax: +386-2-320-6325