Date:      Wed, 20 Dec 2000 11:06:18 -0600
From:      Peter Schultz <pete@jocose.org>
To:        Andrew Bliznak <andrew@ort.lviv.net>
Cc:        pete collins <petejc@collab.net>, mozilla@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mozilla on 5.0-current

On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 06:37:01PM +0200, Andrew Bliznak wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, pete collins wrote:
>
> > Try
> >
> > ./mozilla -ProfileManager
> >
> > And see if you can create a profile.
> >
> #2  0x28346256 in PR_Assert (s=0x28374e2f "0 == rv",
>     file=0x28374e24 "ptthread.c", ln=321) at prlog.c:477

What I did to get around this was to just comment out line 321.
I ran mozilla with no problems after that.  I've gone back to
the official release now... I'm kinda scared to make changes!

Interestingly, last night I updated the sources and did an
optimized build.  I no longer see an error with this, but
where I'm having trouble now is that the optimizations have
rendered text input as completely useless.  I can see the
text I've entered, but when I hit enter (after having
typed in a URL) absolutely nothing happens.  Or I made a
small test e-mail, but when I hit the send button I get
asked for a subject and destination even though I've
already entered them.  I set the level to -O2.

Anyone know how to enable -pipe for gcc?  I'll try
anything to speed up compilation!  ;-)

Pete...