Date:      Fri, 16 May 1997 09:23:29 -0700
From:      Don Wilde <Don@PartsNow.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   video capture

I'd like to get some feedback for a project that we're going to do Real
Soon Now: point-to-point videoconferencing. I'd like to get some
experiences and pointers as to what's good and what's available for
FreeBSD. We have several locations which will have frame relay 128K
connections. We need to be able to conference (1 - 5 people) with both
audio and video. I'd like to be able to dial the frame size to support
either low-res for color and real-time motion or hi res at 1 frame/10 sec
or so, because we need to be able to zoom in and discern features on
closeup shots. We have PCI pentiums available, can  probably even use one
for digitizing and one for MPEG squirting. The video source is
potentially open, too. I'd like to be able to upgrade from NTSC to Hi-8 /
Svideo as an option. I have heard of NV from my research into CU-SeeMe,
what do you all think about hardware and software possibilities?
--
  oooOOO O O O o * * *  *   *   *