Date:      Sun, 22 Apr 2001 09:48:06 -0500
From:      Andrew Hesford <ajh3@chmod.ath.cx>
To:        Don Tyson <donald@stanfordalumni.org>
Cc:        Matthew Emmerton <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>, Chris Piazza <cpiazza@jaxon.net>, Jean-Marc Zucconi <jmz@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, tyson@alumni.stanford.org
Subject:   Re: show stopper

On Sun, Apr 22, 2001 at 07:01:18AM -0400, Don Tyson wrote:
> Matt --
>
> I'm still having the same problem as reported by Jean-Marc and
> others.  I updated sources with the RELENG_4 tag at about 2330
> EDT (US) on 21 Apr, and I have device miibus enabled in my
> kernel.
>
> Are there any other workarounds to this?

What devices are you using that depend on miibus? Like I said earlier,
I've got a 3Com 3C905C-TX (xl driver) which relies on miibus, and I've
had no troubles.

Of course, I'm the guy who can always build the world and kernel with no
worries, even if the mailing lists are flooded with "Cannot Build World!
Help!" messages. I guess I'm just Golden Boy or something. :) In any
event, I guess somebody is watching over my system.

I can't remember exactly when, but I cvsup'ed sometimg the morning of
April 21. Probably around 10:00am CDT.

--
Andrew Hesford
ajh3@chmod.ath.cx