Date:      Thu, 23 Dec 2004 12:41:18 -0800
From:      Joshua Tinnin <krinklyfig@spymac.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Stefan Farrenkopf <sfarren@gwdg.de>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD's Visual Identity: Outdated?

On Thursday 23 December 2004 11:37 am, Stefan Farrenkopf
<sfarren@gwdg.de> wrote:
> --On Donnerstag, 23. Dezember 2004 18:04 Uhr +0100 Karol Kwiatkowski
> <freebsd@orchid.homeunix.org> wrote:
> > A bit OT, but to make things clear I'd like to point out it's not
> > the devil. It's a daemon.
> > BSD Daemon.
>
> Sure, you are right it's a daemon; I used "devil" because of it's
> relation to (d)"evil".

How about change it to an eye on a pyramid?

Frankly, this is a bit silly, and it's been beaten to death, but every
time it comes up it still strikes me as silly. The world does not
revolve around everyone's peculiar, individual sensibilites. You can't
please everyone - particularly not deeply religious people, and each
group is offended by different things - so it's not even worth playing
that game. If you think Procter & Gamble are satanic for using a
particular symbol as their logo:
http://www.snopes.com/business/alliance/procter.asp , fine, but don't
expect them to bend over backwards and change their logo because you
think so. If you are so sensitive as to be swayed by a logo that isn't
even meant to be offensive in the first place, and over technical
considerations, then chances are FreeBSD isn't for you, but thats just
MO.

- jt