Date:      Thu, 31 Oct 2019 10:22:19 +1030
From:      "O'Connor, Daniel" <darius@dons.net.au>
To:        Pete French <petefrench@ingresso.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: python dameon coredumps when started from boot, but not by hand

> On 31 Oct 2019, at 10:09, Pete French <petefrench@ingresso.co.uk> =
wrote:
> I opened an issue with Microsoft, including a gdb backtrace of the
> coredump agaist the python, but I feel this is probably something
> fairly straightforward which can be solved by some FreeBSD =
configuration
> that I am missing somehow.
>=20
> github issue is here:
>=20
> 	https://github.com/Azure/WALinuxAgent/issues/1687
>=20
> but I would be intersted to know if anyone has any thoguhts or advice =
on
> this. Running FreeBSD in Azure is something which has worked well for =
me
> so far...

Does it crash if you run it from the command line with 'env -i' in =
front?

That clears out the environment and will be a lot closer to the rc.d =
environment.

If that doesn't show anything then you will have to try capturing stderr =
from the rc.d run as that will hopefully have the reason why Python is =
aborting (ie what Py_FatalError is complaining about).

--
Daniel O'Connor
are so many of them to choose from."