Date:      Thu, 21 Oct 2004 12:07:22 -0400
From:      "Will Saxon" <WillS@housing.ufl.edu>
To:        <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   if_ndis with intel 2200BG

Hello,

I am having trouble getting an Intel 2200BG wireless adapter to work. I =
have obtained the Windows XP drivers for the card and have =
created/loaded the ndis and if_ndis modules. I get console messages =
about the capabilities of the card, etc. so I think it is being detected =
correctly.

However, when I try to bring the ndis interface up, change the ssid, set =
a channel, etc. it doesn't work, and I get one or more of the following =
console messages:

ndis0: Could not set channel info id =3D 19

I have read some reports of a kernel panic with this card and if_ndis, =
and also complaints of similar errors (but a working card). This card is =
currently not working. I have a separate atheros-based minipci card that =
seems to work, which I can use for the time being (probably a better =
card anyway).=20

This is on a Dell D600 laptop if that makes any difference. I am using =
5.3-STABLE updated and compiled last night ~6pm EST.=20

-Will