Date:      Tue, 27 Mar 2012 19:00:04 +0300
From:      Igor Popov <ipopovi@gmail.com>
To:        "apache@FreeBSD.org" <apache@freebsd.org>, ohauer@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: add new apache's module to port tree

Hi, Olli.
I'm and other peoples have tested it to work on different Unix like
OSes. It doesn't required mysql installed to build. Only apache22 and
/ports/devel/apr1 are required. Module will be built successfuly even
without BDB, but to work it requires it, so apr-utils and apache22
must be built with BDB support and coresponding DB driver must be
enabled too. Module will work with any database that is supported by
BDB, choose one or some of them is enough to build all required (I
usualy set only "Enable MySQL support for apr-dbd") and it is
mandatory.

Of course, I would like to be the maintainer of the port.

27 =CD=C1=D2=D4=C1 2012=9A=C7. 18:32 =D0=CF=CC=D8=DA=CF=D7=C1=D4=C5=CC=D8 O=
lli Hauer <ohauer@freebsd.org> =CE=C1=D0=C9=D3=C1=CC:
> On 2012-03-27 12:14, Igor Popov wrote:
>> Hi.
>> I'm the author of mod_jail module that is already in port tree
>> (/usr/ports/www/mod_jail), but I'm not mantainer. And I want to add
>> also one module mod_myvhost (http://code.google.com/p/mod-myvhost/) to
>> port tree.
>> How I can do it?
>

> Hi Igor,
>
> I just looked at your apache module and hacked a port together.
>
> Anyway I have a question since I haven't tested the module.
> The module builds fine even I have no mysql installed.
> - is it mandatory to have apr / apache build with mysql support
> - is mysql mandatory at all (berkeley db, pgsql ...)
>
> Would you like to be the maintainer of the port?
>
> A first shot for the port can be found here:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~ohauer/diffs/mod_myvhost.diff
>

> --
> olli

---