Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 2006 16:00:13 -0800
From:      Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@savvis.net>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Carlos_Fern=E1ndez_Herranz?= <cfernandezh@udc.es>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: About Inquiry_with_RSSI

[...]
> I would like to know if it could be possible upgrade the Bluetooth stack
> so the command Inquiry_with_RSSI could be supported and the way I could

strictly speaking it should be already supported. all you need to do is
to create proper hci command packet and send it via hci raw socket. you
also might need to adjust filter settings on the hci raw socket to allow
command to be sent.

whats missing is the definition of new bluetooth v1.2 hci commands and
events, but nothing prevents you from defining those locally and
creating valid hci command packet.

of course, the device itself must support bluetooth v1.2 hci
commands/events.

> do it.  Can I follow the BlueZ stack to adapt the FreeBSD one?

i'm not sure what are you asking here.

thanks,
max