Date:      Sun, 02 Apr 2000 19:05:37 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Assar Westerlund <assar@sics.se>
Cc:        Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Autogenerated sources

In message <5lln2wm1vk.fsf@assaris.sics.se> Assar Westerlund writes:
: Talking about this, was there any opinions on what to do with
: vnode_if.h?  (See my PR kern/17613).  I do think that it should also
: be checked in or at least installed in /usr/include/sys/ so that code
: can be built without having the kernel source installed.

Hmmm.  I've always found that the kernel only files need to be
compiled with a kernel installed.  This included loadable modules.
Bruce and I have been working out a patch to make it possible to
compile loadable modules outside the tree.

Warner