Date:      Sun, 6 Sep 2015 00:48:29 +0100
From:      John <freebsd-lists@potato.growveg.org>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: keeping up-to-date on RPi2/FreeBSD11

On Sat, Sep 05, 2015 at 12:47:30PM -0700, kah42pub wrote:

> For what it is worth, these steps work for me to update an RPI2 in
> place. A serial cable is definitely required. Most of this was taken
> from the FreeBSD documentation. I've omitted steps that are specific to
> my configuration.

[snip - thanks for the info btw]

> This process recently took me up to 11.0-CURRENT r287441 without a
> hiccup on the RPI2. Hope it helps. If anyone sees anything obvious that
> I didn't do that I should have for the upgrade process, feel free to
> speak up.

Will your method work for an image made by crotchet - ie will it boot
the right kernel, does it update what crotchet installed? The original
install was http://download.raspbsd.org/FreeBSD-armv6-11.0-RPI2-286947.img.gz

> Also, powerd definitely works on RPI2. Having it enabled (allowing
> stepped up CPU speeds under load) decreases the build world time by
> hours - at least for me. Your mileage may vary.

yep, I have powerd enabled now rather than setting turbo in
/etc/sysctl.conf. I also have powerd_flags="-a hiadaptive" though am
unsure if these flags have any effect on this arch.

thanks,
--
John