Date:      Mon, 12 Jan 1998 12:56:00 -0100
From:      Malte Lance <malte@webmore.com>
To:        cofer <cofer@syndetic-tech.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Setting up Domain Name Service on /27

I suppose you are looking for classless in-addr.arpa delegation.
It is described in an INTERNET-DRAFT.
The document i found was named
    draft-ietf-cidrd-classless-inaddr-01.txt
If you have problems finding it, drop me an email and i will send you a copy.
But be warned: when setting up RAR by classless in-addr.arpa delegation
               as it is described in the draft, there appears a fifth
               IP-number, when making a RAR. This fifth IP-number is a
               functional part of the classless in-addr.arpa delegation.
               If you do not want it to appear at all, i have a solution to
               this problem. It requires the delegating NS to delegate
               name-service for the IP's in the 27-block to your NS.

Malte Lance.

At 01:52 12.01.98 -0600, you wrote:
>Does anyone have working examples of setting up DNS on a /27 block?
>
>I can't really see how to sub-delegate an in-addr.arpa address when I
don't know what is in the remaining part of the class C.