Date:      Mon, 03 May 2004 14:04:57 +0200
From:      des@des.no (=?iso-8859-1?q?Dag-Erling_Sm=F8rgrav?=)
To:        "Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: new GEOM feature - geom_vol_msdosfs

"Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk@phk.freebsd.dk> writes:
> On the other hand, name collisions are already passively neutered
> in DEVFS, so if we can live with "Don't do that then" handling of
> it, then there is no reason to not have them as different GEOM
> classes, which certainly makes for simpler and cleaner code.

so I see a box that has /dev/vol/var mounted on /var, format a USB
stick and label it as var, stick it in and press reset.  the stick
happens to contain a file, cron/tabs/root, which looks like this:

@reboot /bin/sh -c 'echo | /sbin/pw usermod root -h 0'

boom, instant root privs.  ok, so it requires physical access, but
still...

DES
--=20
Dag-Erling Sm=F8rgrav - des@des.no