Date:      Mon, 27 Jan 97 03:08:39 -0800
From:      "That Doug Guy" <tiller@connectnet.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Security" <FreeBSD-Security@freebsd.org>, "FreeBSD Questions" <FreeBSD-Questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   2.2+ and sequence number guessing

[Cross-posted to security and questions.  Feel free to trim responses to the
most appropriate group, I am subscribed to both.]

Howdy, :)

	I have been doing some research on the security of various *nix's,
and found some very interesting discussion in the mail archives regarding
the security of freebsd vs. a sequence number guessing IP spoof attack.
Without rehashing what seemed to be a rather heated discussion last spring,
I am wondering if someone could fill me in on any changes, improvements,
etc. that have been made in 2.2 regarding this problem.  Also, if someone
could highlight the changes regarding security against syn flooding
promised in 2.2, it would help.  Of course, if this information is already
available on line, a pointer to it would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Doug