Date:      Sat, 13 Aug 2005 22:43:51 -0700
From:      Brandon Fosdick <bfoz@bfoz.net>
To:        Mike Jakubik <mikej@rogers.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IRQ conflict between twa0 and skc0

Mike Jakubik wrote:
> Forgot to mention. You can always buy a cheap pciE video card :)

You're a big help :)

I was fiddling and I noticed something odd. Previously, the ESCD screen at boot showed the raid controller and network controller both at IRQ 5. The dmesg I sent before showed both at IRQ 18. That seemed odd to me. I also noticed that unused drive channels were being assigned IRQs so I disabled them in the BIOS. The idea being to free up an IRQ and maybe one of the controllers would use it. Now the ESCD table shows both the raid and the network on IRQ 10 and dmesg still shows them at IRQ 18. This seems screwy to me, but I have no idea what it means.

Now that I know both IRQs 10 and 18 are useable, is there some way to force the drivers? Aren't there some boot hints that handle this? Or was it done in the kernel config. I can't remember.

BTW, this is all with the stock SMP kernel.