Date:      Sat, 08 Nov 2003 19:31:02 -0600
From:      "Chris" <bsdnewbie@coolarrow.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   JAIL can't FTP ports?

While logged into a jail (running on a public IP address), I can SSH into=
 it and run /stand/sysinstall. I choose the options to install a port or=
 package via FTP, and I end up with a message like "No network devices=
 available"

I found a year-and-a-half-old post that mentioned sysinstall trying to use=
 low level calls, and jails not allowing low level calls. While I really=
 don't understand exactly what that means, I guess it brings up the=
 questions:

1) Can I use FTP to install ports or packages without going through=
 sysinstall?
2) If not, is there any other way to get the entire ports collection into=
 the jail, without actually being at the console?

And if I create a jail from a system with no ports, does that mean the jail=
 will have no ports? And if my system has the entire ports collection=
 installed, will a new jail also have them?

Thanks again,
Chris